The Uneon Insider

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Ely's Stone of Aceun's Zest

So I own a personal diary. The title of the diary is written above. Elyseidon (Ely for short) is a mythical creature that serves as Aceun's animal counterpart. In the early history of the Uneon Civilization, the Elites all had animal counterparts hidden in what were called Soul Swords. Each animal represented something for the specific Elite. Ely represented Aceun's might. In the story, Aceun's personal feelings began to interfere with his fight for the Uneon Cause (as they called it.. it was a time period of expansion and cultural progression). What Aceun did was create a stone that hid all his personal feelings and gave it to Ely to guard. In this diary, I relay all my true feelings with sort of a philosophical backtone, as well as a brief synopsis of what's going on the Uneon World. Now, this blog's purpose is not for me to express any of my personal feelings, I prefer to stay mysterious. I feel like in my past couple of outings, I've gotten a little bit more personal than I like to. However, I did promise to explain what I meant by Immortality of the Mind, and so here is a direct quote from 'Ely's Stone of Aceun's Zest.' The entry is apporpriately titled "Immortality of the Mind."

Knowledge Disastrous?

No... What you understand as knowledge is disastrous. What knowledge really is, what the mind really is, is peace. Immortality of the mind is the ultimate recognition of peace through faith. Knowing everything, is dangerous, but knowing how to live your life in a positive way and open mind, is faith.

Hospitality, is the next step in achieving faith. The togetherness of one’s soul is merely a piece of ultimate unity. With others, you love and find the things you have always been looking for. Your curiosity and thirst has hurt you in many ways. But faith does not completely throw you aside for your stupid mistakes. There’s still time.

The world of Juedun is filled with laughter. Humor carries through the sky and creates an atmosphere of happiness. To be able to laugh at what is, that is the gift of heaven. I laugh today because I know I have a world to return to where I am comfortable.

But I must get back to Uno. Recio is a madman. He must be stopped. His politics corrupt and his lust for power and lust for what he believes to be the immortality of the mind. I must return laughter to this fool’s kingdom. And indeed, a fool he is, but a dangerous one…

So what I do with these entries is a personalize it according to my life, and then I fuse it with Aceun's story. It's a good way for me to get my thoughts out as well as progress the story. Like I said, the story is ten parts. I'm on part 7. The story now is about Recio's dominance over Uno, as well as the struggle to fit into the new world of Juedun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home