The Uneon Insider

Friday, September 30, 2005

Aimless Wandering

I'll begin by saying, I don't know what to say. I'm in my room, one of my good friends, is lying on my bed with his head perched on my stuffed scooby. He's telling me about his life and his love. It makes me happy and sad at the same time. Happy that he's found someone really nice, but sad because it is a long distance relationship. I look at where I am now and I wonder... where can I go from here? It seems that my head shifts from image to image of the ideal girl, and it's definitely difficult here in college. I don't believe in the hook-up culture. I believe in meaningful relationships. However, many of us take for granted the "friend" part of boyfriend/girlfriend and fail to realize the disastrous results of failing to uphold that aspect: hooking up. I do not disagree with physical commitment, but without friendship it seems shallow and at times kind of careless or desperate. It seems my own personal issue is that I'm very good with the friend part, but after that, it's hard for me to move into the transition of boyfriend/girlfriend, because I've tried so hard to create this friendship that it seems inevitably the friendship disappears along with the physical once the relationship is cut off. Rambling. I believe that once I do get past this step, this middle boundary, it's fine. However, it's a difficult path to trek.

And Marvel Nemesis... the shallow fighter with a 50% fun factor only when you're drunk, I don't have much to say about it. I still eagerly await Ultimate Spider-man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home