The Uneon Insider

Monday, September 26, 2005

Cat Food, Crazy Dancing, and Corpse Bride

By all means, I should do my art history reading that I have indeed put off for way too long, but I need to tell this story. This past weekend I had the pleasure to tryout for UJIMA. They are a dance group on campus. Me and my friend put together a little routine and altogether it was just really fun. Unbeknownst to me, I accepted the invitation after I got in, because I didn't know that I would be trying out for SHEBA (the other very popular dance group on campus named after catfood). My friend dragged me into it, we both got called back and history was made. Now the day SHEBA told me I got in was an amazing experience. I'm sitting in front of my computer obsessively checking blitz (Dartmouth's mailing system) and after being very tired of waiting.... a good friend of mine from SHEBA comes and tells me she has to talk. She takes me to the second floor, and explains how I didn't get in and how she came personally to tell us (me and this other girl that tried out) how much they loved us... and that we should try out next term or year. After the sad news, we heard people yelling and screaming. Before we knew it, we were in SHEBA with brand new sweatshirts, baloons, hugs, and catfood. It was amazing sure... but then the dilemma came into play. How was I going to be able to choose between these two groups. On one side, I really felt a family and a place I could belong. Not to mention my hero who admire very much was in SHEBA. Or... go to the dance group where my friends were. Ultimately, I chose SHEBA, but it was a difficult decision. At one point I even thought about trying both, but that would involve Tang Soo Do (a martial arts) from 5 to 7, UJIMA from 7 to 9, and SHEBA from 9 to 11... which is clearly suicidal. So yeah... apart from being really sore and sad... I'm generally satisfied with my decision.

Very recently I saw Corpse Bride. It was a very simply story with very simple characters. The only thing that truly impressed me was the animation but I walked away from the theater satisfied. I feel that it was definitely better than the recent Charlie and the Chocolate Factory... but I feel that Tim Burton and Daniel Elfman have not been as hot as they usually are. However, the music was definitely another highpoint of the film. I've also decided that there's this girl I like. But this is the internet and therefore not private, so I will not disclose any information. Laterz!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home