The Uneon Insider

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Tale of the Clever Fairy Stories

So you probably won't know this, but I'm a sucker for fairytales. I've written a fair few. Although, yesterday I watched two movies based on ancient folklore, one hollywood title and one bollywood title. I'll begin with the Brother's Grimm. This movie is an average rollercoaster with very clever references to famous folklore like Little Red Riding Hood, Snow White, and a bunch of others. It's a story about two ghostbusting frauds who run into a very real story. It's quite entertaining. People who like this movie will like Sleepy Hollow and Van Helsing. I enjoyed both, so this was quite good. The second movie is Paheli. It is a movie starring Shahrukh Khan and Rani Mukerjee that's about a spirit who falls in love with a human being. It's based on an old indian folklore and it's quite good. I think I enjoyed Paheli more than Grimm though, because as you can guess, Paheli is a lot brighter and magical. I definitely recommend both. On a side note, I've been very anxious to get back to school. I'm so excited that for everynight in the past week I've dreamt of being there in some form or another. Now I'm off to go look up when my favorite games will be coming out. Ttyl!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home