The Uneon Insider

Friday, August 12, 2005

7 Reasons To Heart A Key

Title makes no sense. I don't care. In the past couple of days I saw se7en, I Heart Huckabees, and the Skeleton Key. Each movie, great, but at the end left me wanting so much more. I Heart Huckabees was a great movie. I rank it right up there with Sideways and Garden State. It's psycho-realism at its peak, with philosophical craziness to make even the sanest man question his existence, even if it is for half a second. It ended like life. Se7en was a great tale of the seven deadly sins and their role in human existence. The even make mention of the greatest sin, apathy... without even caring to tell it. But apathy is dangerous. Either way, moving on along, the movie ended like life. Finally I see Skeleton Key, a tale wrapped in mysticism and voodoo. Very thrilling, but doesn't really shine on the spook meter, but does indeed have a better twist than the sixth sense. Again, this movie, although has a less believable ending than Huckabees, still ends like life. What the hell do I mean by that? Some things just happen. And there's nothing you can do about it. Am I being cynical. I don't know. But I do like movies that have happy endings, but it seems the movies that are brilliant always end on a crumpled note.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home