The Uneon Insider

Monday, September 12, 2005

The Folly of the People Pleaser

So what do you do when people are performing skits, and the next skit is not prepared: DON'T tell a joke. Now, I like to consider myself kinda introverted and not too much outgoing. That's who I am. So it's kinda hard to put myself out there. Everytime I do, my main concern is, will people like me. Now I know, this is no way to think... but it really does bother me if people are not genuinely pleased with who I am. And I know, that people ARE generally pleased, but still, telling a joke to a community that instantly reacts negatively is like a huge stab to the gut. Now I understand why it happened, and I definitely learned from this experience. Another thing is that people will probably not remember it. However, as of today, I'm feeling really down from this and like most things I just feel the need to vocalize. And taking an emotions class, I don't want to tire people out because sympathy is not free rain. It's best given in doses, and a general rule is not to go out and constantly seek it. So this is just a vent really. On the flip side, "behind closed doors" was very kool today and was not what I was expecting. It was actually what gave me the high energy and positiveness to act like a complete idiot. It was just so much more down to earth and cooler, and more realistic. I really appreciated it. Well today is the last day of training. Tomorrow orientation begins. I'm excited. So although I'm a little bummed out, I'm totally going to try to be positive.... cuz badditude is umm... bad. Anyways, off to relax a little. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home