The Uneon Insider

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Reform

Let me fill you in on life. Sheba performance was this past weekend. The theme was camo and we definitely had a blast with that. It was very fun performance even though it was halftime show at a football game which automatically called for some very annoying technicalities, i.e. terrible sound quality, dancing on grass, etc. But it was ironically a very good day, and by very good day I mean, sunny and hot in the cold month of November, in a cold town like Hanover. So it was good times. Ramadan ended, and although I didn't really celebrate Eid (which is the end of fasting celebration which I often refer to as the Muslim Christmas), I still felt a great sense of accomplishment and saw in myself a new person. I made a vow to rectify my disinterest and therefore lack of focus in class by doing the work and being a good student. Things are going slow in the world of love, but I sorta kinda like the new pace. At one point it was too hectic for me to keep up, but now I see, if nothing happens... The quiet is kinda nice. Besides, I have my friends, both old and new to keep me interested in their lives. I hate being center stage. And good stories are always good to hear. And people's stories help you grow. You learn about yourself through the strengths and weaknesses of others. You gain insight to your own vulnerabilities. We live with each other because we need each other and no matter how small the contact, everyone you connect with influences you. We got to make an effort to put ourselves out there more so people will be comfortable putting themselves out there. And yet still, we have to do it tactfully. Oh life, and it's many simple complexities. In a world of paradoxes, we have to find the different things that work together, and the first thing is us... The people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home