The Uneon Insider

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Poetic Mistake

In the past couple of weeks, I have joined a dance group for which I will be performing soon and rushed a frat, which I'm now pledging. Never in my whole first week at Dartmouth had I imagine myself as a dancer or a fratboy. These are two very distinct characters that I feel far removed from. So the question becomes why. Why have I done this? People have been surprised, but no one has been more surprised than me. I just fell into this path completely by accident, and the overall rhthym of this mistake is so fragile and delicate that it seems almost poetic that my inner demons are just as human as me. Are these my next steps into adulthood. Am I just growing away from peace, and embracing spontaneity? My demons are not evil like others. My dark secret is that I don't know what I'll do next. What will I become next? Am I truly the Jack of All Trades? No. But from a distance, it sure does seem like it.

CRASH. Great movie. Pretty Intense. At times it feels orchestrated, and the director definitely manipulates the audience. Amazing cast and acting, and very brilliant direction. Although there's no real character development, there is a lot of character growth. I appreciate this movie, because of its insensitive in your face point. Great great movie. It's a very human movie. Go see it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home