The Uneon Insider

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

You Think You Know A Guy

My lips are frozen.

And for the first time my lips are frozen, not because I am afraid, but because I am courageous. Before tonight, I was not courageous. My story was silent. My voice, though somewhat recognizable, was not completely identifiable. They barely knew who I was. I barely knew who they were.

The first moment I became concerned, was when we played a simple game. And so I asked a question to find an answer. But questions don't breed answers, safe spaces do. Courageous individuals do. There are moments when we open up our hearts, and there are moments when others do. And when they do, your lips fall paralyzed in empathy.

You no longer sympathize. You truly understand. Their tears are yours. Their fears are yours.

They're just like you. You're just like them. But you didn't know. If you did, you would hug them and never let go.

And tonight that happened.

Today I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home